MULTIFAMILY Design+Construction is looking for the best new "affordable housing" communities for the Fall Issue.
Your project could be on the COVER!
We're looking for outstanding "affordable housing" communities for our Fall Issue (October/November).
NOTE: Projects do NOT have to be 100% affordable – but must be at least 20% affordable "set-aside."
Here’s what we need (by Tuesday, August 17):
1. PROJECT DESCRIPTION —project name, location, # of units, type of units (studio, 1BR, 2BR, etc.), construction cost (or total cost), Developer or Owner firm, key AEC firms involved (architect, MEP engineer, structure/civil engineer, landscape architect, builder/contractor, important specialty subcontractors – e.g., sustainability consultant, ).
Note: Projects must have been completed in the last 12-24 months (please give Occupancy Date or Construction Completion Date). Please do not submit projects that are still under construction.
IMPORTANT: There is NO CHARGE for participation!
2. HIGH-QUALITY HIGH-RESOLUTION PHOTOS, with brief CAPTIONS (25-50 words). OK to have people in photos – preferably real people, not actors. Casual, candid, not posed.
3. PHOTO CREDITS for all images (no renderings!)
4. WHAT MAKES THE PROJECT SPECIAL? Tell why MFDC readers would be interested in it: special design aspects, interesting financing mechanism, client target group, community involvement, unusual obstacles to overcome, etc.
5. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE FINANCING that made the project affordable: tax credits, grants, foundation support, HUD, state/local affordability requirements, etc. Very important.
6. SUBMITTER'S CONTACT INFO – including mobile phone (in case we have a question).
7. DEADLINE Please submit all materials by Tuesday, August 17, 2021 (contact Rob Cassidy if that’s a problem).
Send all materials to: Rob Cassidy, Editor, MFDC: firstname.lastname@example.org; 773-220-3555. Thanks!