1. Co-working Firms Pivot to Enhanced Offerings (Globe St) - August 31
"WorkSuites recently launched a 'Zoom Room,' an additional free private space for clients’ kids to study, take online classes or just play on iPads while parents work."
2. With Remote Work Strategies Proving Successful—Why Are We Afraid to Talk About It? (National Real Estate Investor) - August 30
"Companies don’t want to miss the unprecedented opportunity to evaluate the potential advantages of a long-term, broad-based remote work strategy."
3. The rise of inquiry-based learning in K-12 communities (DLR Group) - Sept. 1
"Inquiry-based education offers a methodology that does not rely solely on the educator being the lead in all learning."
4. New Yorkers Are Fleeing to the Suburbs: ‘The Demand Is Insane’ (New York Times) - August 30
"The pandemic is spurring home sales as prosperous city residents seek more space. One listing had 97 showings and received 24 offers."
5. The Trajectory Of Construction Costs Varies Depending On Where You Are And What You're Building (Bisnow) - August 30
"U.S. construction costs are expected to decline 2% to 5% on average in 2020, a major twist from the escalating prices recorded in the years leading up to the coronavirus pandemic, JLL said in its Q2 2020 Construction Outlook report."
6. Rental Apartments Starts Gobbling More Market Share From Condos (Globe St) - August 28
“Condo construction has been weak since the end of the Great Recession."