1. From lobby to penthouse, elevators can be a 100% touch-free experience (BD+C)
"MAD Elevator’s Toe-To-Go (T2G) foot-activated call button allows for the activation of hall and car station buttons by, you guessed it, foot. The large, durable buttons sit just inches off the ground making it easy for anyone to activate with a gentle kick."
2. Dodge Momentum Index increases in July (Dodge Data & Analytics)
"This month’s increase in the Dodge Momentum Index was the first in all of 2020."
3. Construction industry adds 20,000 employees in July but nonresidential employment dips (AGC)
"Association warns skid will worsen without new relief."
4. Concrete Institute and Post-Tensioning Institutes expand partnership (BD+C)
"The partnership formalizes efforts through the new joint ACI-PTI Committee 320, Post-Tensioned Structural Concrete Code. The committee will develop and maintain structural concrete code requirements unique to the design of post-tensioned concrete and complementary to ACI 318, “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete.”
5. Reimagining multifamily spaces in the COVID era (LS3P)
"Multifamily developments pose unique challenges and opportunities. Designers must consider how people use private residential spaces as well as public shared spaces. In both settings, design and operational strategies can support healthier, more comfortable lifestyles as needs evolve."
6. WSJ video: The office redesign has only just begun (WSJ)
"Plexiglass dividers and floor decals might not be permanent, but the pandemic will bring lasting change to offices."