1. Sydney will be home to the world’s tallest hybrid timber tower (BD+C)
"Designed by SHoP Architects in collaboration with BVN, the the 590-foot-tall building will become the tallest hybrid timber tower in the world, according to the architects."
2. Florida Gators’ $65 million baseball field completes (BD+C)
"The project features a 360-degree open concourse, a shade structure for fans, modern student-athlete and staff amenities, multiple seating and game experience options, high-definition video and sound, enhanced concession space, and prominent entry gates."
3. Funding opportunity for field validation of high-impact building technologies (BD+C)
"Dept. of Energy program targets dynamic interactions with electric grid.
4. Cuomo: N.Y. Malls Will Only Be Allowed To Open If They Install Virus-Blocking Air Filters (Bisnow)
"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo provided an indication of how malls across the state may be able to reopen, saying this week there will be mandates on how air is filtered in the buildings."
5. This startup gives renters a financial stake in their apartments (Fast Company)
"The average young person will spend more than $200,000 on rent, without the benefits of owning property. Now, Rhove reimagines renters as stakeholders to help them build wealth."